CPA’s Tax Committee was formed to address issues related to the taxation of oil and gas operators by the State of Colorado and local governments including income, severance, sales and property taxes. CPA’s Ad Valorem Tax Subcommittee specifically addresses ad valorem taxes paid by operators to local governments in Colorado.
- CPA along with the Colorado Oil and Gas Association filed Amicus Curiae briefs in support of BP America Production Company v. Colorado Department of Revenue – a case which addresses the question of whether cost of capital is deductible against Colorado Severance Tax.
- Comparison of Oil and Gas Tax Burdens in Nine Producing States
- Legislative Council Memo: Oil and Gas Severance Taxes – IP
- Legislative Council Memo: Total Effective Stax Rates
You can watch the Oral Arguments of this case in the video below (beginning at 7:24)
- Information about Severance Tax Distribution to Local Governments: